There are many places all over the world which are badly hit by the adverse conditions of drought. Thus, it becomes necessary to preserve water. The easiest way of water conservation is by rainwater harvesting. The places having adequate rainfall can follow this method to conserve water. The different uses of this harvested rainwater include irrigation, washing, etc. This helps to reduce the dependency on the public source for water. It also helps to maintain the groundwater level.
About Rainwater Tanks :
The tanks help in the storage of the collected rainwater from the rooftops. This water is helpful in various day to day activities. On treatment, this water can also be useful for various domestic purposes. The location for these tanks can be the rooftop, ground level or underground. Different materials used the rainwater tank include:
- Stainless steel,
- Galvanized steel,
- Plastic like polyethylene, PVC, etc.
Types of Rainwater Tanks:
The rainwater tanks are of different types depending on the use or the quantity of water to store. The different types include:
- Round tanks : These are the commonly used tanks. They are capable of holding a large amount of water. These use the food grade material and available in various sizes.
- Slim line tanks : These types of tanks are suitable for use in a place where the limited space is available. These tanks fit in smallest available and awkward areas. The capacities of this tank vary from 300L to 5000L.
- Stackable tanks : These tanks have small modifications which make their lid removable. On removal of the lids, it is possible to stack these tanks. This makes it easy for transportation. On installation of the tank, the lid can be easily refitted.
- Modular tanks : The tanks have some modification which allows attaching more tanks to each other. This helps to increase the capacity of water storage whenever required. These tanks can fit in the smallest space available.
- Poly Rainwater Tanks : Polyethylene is a common material that used immensely in the modern world. It is used for hundreds of applications including manufacturing of poly rainwater tanks. Poly rainwater tanks are most preferred ones.
Buying Tips for Poly Rainwater Tanks :
There are many suppliers available for the rainwater tanks installation in Adelaide. The tips for buying the best-suited poly rainwater tanks include:
- Size of the tank : A property owner should first understand the different purposes for using the rainwater. This will help to decide the capacity of the tank needed to hold the required quantity of water. On can buy the tank based on these needs.
- Shape of the tank : Different types of tanks occupy different areas. Thus, the owner should first check the space available for the installation of the tank. If more space is available, a larger tank can fit. But for smaller space, a slim-line or a narrow poly rainwater tank is more preferred.
- Opaqueness : The material used for the tank should make them opaque. This is necessary as if the tanks are transparent; it allows the passage of the light. The light entering the tank can lead to a growth of algae. Hence, the owner should buy the poly rainwater tank with proper opaqueness.
- Warranty period : The supplier of the poly tank should provide some warranty while purchasing the tank. The owner should select the supplier who provides a good quality tank with proper warranty and at an affordable rate.
- One should buy a good quality poly rainwater tank from a reliable source. In case of any further needs about rain water tanks, you can always get in touch with well known rain water tank suppliers near you.