Carpets add a different appearance to your house. Simple colours and designs make your house look elegant and the best. While carpets add beauty to your home, it also invites unwanted guests like moulds. When there are kids and pets at home it is very common that the carpet gets dirty increasing the chances of occurrence of moulds on carpets. Moulds are nothing but fungus which spreads at a faster rate and causes health issues. To avoid falling sick it is better to maintain the carpet clean and free from moulds. If you find mould growing on the carpet it is important to rectify it immediately and get it treated to save the family from any side effects.
How to find carpet moulds
- Check the source of mould. Check if the water pipes have any leakage or if any water or eatable have been left hidden in between any furniture to cause mould on the carpet.
- Check for pads under and top of the carpet as this can indicate how far the mould has spread its family. Always check in between the layers of the carpet as there are high chances of finding them there.
- Carpet fibres can be damaged because of the moulds so make sure to rectify it.
- The best method is to bring the carpet under the sun or use a carpet cleaning machine to clean out the moulds.
Once you have been able to locate moulds on the carpet, check for any natural mould removers available in the market that can help you get rid of the moulds quickly and also act as a shield to protect your carpet. Carpet cleaners Adelaide companies can be approached for finding out the solution of moulds on your carpet. For individuals who wish to try easy and best solutions for home, they can use mix vinegar, detergent and bleach and scrub the carpet from both the sides. While carrying out the process it is essential to rinse the carpet well to remove the detergent from the carpet and then let it get dry. Apart from this, as a precaution, one should make sure to mop away any spills immediately as this will reduce the growth of moulds and prevent the carpet from getting affected by external factors.
How to know whether your carpets are infected by moulds?
Carpet moulds are quite a tiring task to manage. The moulds can spread easily and quickly on damp areas especially near to the bathrooms. To get rid of the moulds you need to clean and maintain the carpets regularly, however, before that following tricks can be opted to find moulds in the carpet;
- A very musty smell can be sensed near the carpets. You will be able to sense it if you spend a long time at home.
- People in the house suffer from frequent allergies like asthma, skin allergy, bronchitis and breathing problem.
- You can find white, black and yellow textures on your carpet which indicates that the moulds are present. They spread completely after a few months if care is not taken.
- Check your carpets regularly to see if any moulds are grown.
- Use a mould testing kit to make sure if moulds are growing on your carpet.
Carpets add a different look to the room so in order to make it look pretty and beautiful get it cleaned on regular basis by the best carpet cleaners Adelaide. At Complete Carpet &Tile Restoration customers can easily avail steam and dry cleaning, water damage restoration and specialist commercial cleaning services which can keep their carpet well-maintained for years to come and make their house look beautiful as always.