The most common reason homeowners cite for the need for Roof Repair in Melbourne is water leakage. Water leakage affects countless homes in Melbourne and can be extremely costly. It is extremely important that at the first signs of water leakage to contact professionals. Even if it seems like just a little bit of water, a tiny leak can develop into a huge problem for your roof. Water has the potential to damage your ceiling, rot the framework of your home and cause mold. At telltale sign of a roof leak is water stains on your walls or ceilings. If you notice this type of water damage, call a roof repairer immediately. It is very easy for a roof repairer to solve a roof leak but locating it is the difficult parts. Most professional roof repairers will excel at locating roof leaks and solving them quickly and efficiently.
1. The first step of locating a roof leak is looking inside your home. For most people, investigation wont be necessary because they will have already noticed the leak, hence the concern. However, it is important to be proactive, so if your roof is getting old and you suspect it may be causing leaks, have a thorough look around your home. When examining inside leaks, it’s important to determine whether the roof is the cause of the leak. There are a range of other reasons that leaks can be cause including condensation, plumbing and HVAC.
2. Now that you have located the leaks inside your home, it’s time to call a professional roof repairer. The roof repairer will inspect the leaks inside your home. The leaks will be thoroughly studied and then measured from two fixed points in the home. For example, if the leak is in the middle of the ceiling in a bedroom, the roof repairer will measure the points from the walls. Basically, anything that extends through the ceiling and into the ceiling or roof should be measured.
3. Once the measurements have been made, the Roof Repairer will go inside your attic or roof space to determine the source of the leak. Utilising the measurements recorded inside your home, they will find the leak and study it to determine where the drip is coming from. It’s important to note that the entry point of the water may not be exactly in the spot where the water stain is showing. If this is the case your roof repairer will have to widen the search for the entry space in your attic or roof space.
4. Just like the roof repairer did inside the house, in the attic or roof space they measure the location of the water from two fixed points. Inside your roof these could be vents or bathroom pipes.
5. Next its time to get up on the roof and find the leak. On the roof the roof repairers will use the measurements previously taken to find the source of the leak.
6. Once the approximate location is determined the roof repairers work outwards to find the leak. Any small opening can be the source of the problem so the roof repairer will ensure every spot is double checked until the issue is located.
If your roof is in need of a Roof Repair in Melbourne, be sure to contact the professional team at Coghlan Roofing. Visit their website to find out more about how they can help you at http://www.coghlanroofing.com.au.